Authors are advised to read the following guidelines carefully and adhere strictly
before submitting their manuscript.
Manuscripts can be submitted electronically through the official website of PSSN.
Note: New Author/User is required to create an account.
New and Returning Author/User can follow the link below to get started.
Work that has already been reported in a published paper or is described in a paper sent or accepted
elsewhere for publication should not be submitted for evaluation in this journal.
However, a complete report following publication of a preliminary report, usually in the form of an abstract,
or a paper that has been presented at a scientific meeting or conference, if not published in full in a
proceedings or similar publication, may be submitted.
- Articles are accepted with the understanding that they have not been published or
accepted for publication elsewhere.
- Cover Letter: Each manuscript submitted must be accompanied by a Cover Letter
sample of which should be downloaded here.
Manuscript sent without the accompanied cover letter shall not be processed.
- Handling Fees: Each submission must be accompanied with a non-refundable handling fee
of Three Thousand Naira only (₦3,000) for Nigerian authors or Ten US dollar ($10.00)
for authors from outside Nigeria to be paid online.
Prospective authors who are paying from outside Nigeria should send a mail to the Editor-In-Chief
- Journal Template: The authors must prepare their manuscript using the journal Template
which can be downloaded here. Submission that fails to
adhere strictly to the template shall be rejected immediately.
- Manuscripts must be typed in font 12 (Times New Roman), single-spaced throughout, including the
reference section using Microsoft word 2007 or higher.
- Abstract: Papers should be accompanied by an abstract between 200-250 words and provide
maximum of 5 keywords.
- No maximum length limits is set for manuscript submission.
- All equations must be written using Microsoft word 2007 or higher. That is: Click
“Insert => Equation (π icon) => ” or simple press “Alt + =” on your keyboard.
- The use of Equation Object for writing equations is not
acceptable by the journal (That is, the use of “Insert => Object => Microsoft Equation 3.0”
is NOT acceptable). Manuscript prepared with Microsoft Equation 3.0 shall be returned immediately.
- Citations in text: Use APA in text citation style. For example, Yahya and Olaifa (2014),
(Shittu et al., 2015), (Nja, 2017a, b), etc..
- References: References should be typed in Times News Roman, font 8 using APA
reference style e.g.
Yahya, W. B. and Ulm, K. (2009). Survival Analysis of Breast and Small-Cell Lung Cancer
Patients using Conditional Logistic Regression Model. Int’l. Jour. of Ecological Economics &
Statistics, 14 (S09): 15-34.
Yahya, W. B. and Adebayo, S. B. (2013). Modelling the trend and Determinants of breastfeeding initiation
in Nigeria. Child Development Research, 1-9. http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2013/530396
Yahya, W. B. and Olaifa, J. B. (2014). A note on Ridge Regression Modeling Techniques. Electronic Journal
of Applied Statistical Analysis, 7(2):343-361. DOI: 10.1285/i20705948v7n2p343
Olaniran, O. R. and Yahya, W. B. (2017). Bayesian Hypothesis Testing of Two Normal Samples Using
Bootstrap Prior Technique. Journal of Modern Applied Statistical Methods, 16(2), 618-638.
Shittu, O. I. and Yaya, O. S. (2002). Introduction to Time Series Analysis, Rajah Press, Ilorin.
- Acknowledgement: Any acknowledgements should be included in a separate headed section at the end of
Prof. W. B. Yahya
NCE, B.Sc., M.Sc., PGDFM, MBA, Ph.D. (Munich)
Department of Statistics,
University of Ilorin,